20 June to 7 October
Myths & Monsters
Open daily Tues to Sat, 20 June – 7 October 2023 at Weston Museum
Explore the wild worlds of Myths and Monsters in a new exhibition featuring artwork from some of our best loved children’s stories.
Get ready to meet a motley crew of fantastic beasts, from the Gruffalo to the Iron Man, from fearsome dragons to monsters of the deep, and even monsters in underpants!
Monsters have been around since the earliest myths and legends, keeping us terrified and captivated for millennia. The imaginations of some of the world’s most celebrated illustrators and artists bring them to life.
See over 70 artworks by 17 of our most-celebrated children’s book illustrators. Star contributors include:
- Axel Scheffler – The Gruffalo and other Julia Donaldson books
- Chris Mould – The Iron Man
- Jim Kay – A Monster Calls
- Kristina Stephenson – The Museum of Marvellous Things, Sir Charlie Stinky Socks
- Lydia Monks – What the Ladybird Heard, Sugarlump and the Unicorn and other Julia Donaldson books
- Chris Riddell – The Cloud Horse Chronicles
- Victoria Topping – Mythologica: An encyclopedia of gods, monsters and mortals from ancient Greece
- This family-friendly exhibition has been created in collaboration with Events of Wonder.