7 October, 2023
Time slots from 1pm-2:50pm
Free (booking essential)
Weston Central Library,
Weston Lit Fest: I am Bird by Marie Klimis
I am Bird is an immersive experience for library spaces. Equipped with their own smartphones and headphones, audiences are transported on an adventure across the library, following the extraordinary and everyday story of a young bird migrating from West Africa to the UK.
At each station, visitors are invited to make choices leading them to miniature paper worlds and a series of clues hidden around the library, each revealing a different element of the bird’s migratory journey. This interactive and personal experience invites audiences to explore their local library in a new and exciting way and reflect on migration through stories and art.
Show trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG-F3ozM04k
Age guidance: This experience will appeal to adults and children (age 7+). Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bring your own smartphone (charged)
- Headphones: we recommend you to bring their own headphones to ensure they are compatible with your phone, but we will have a limited number of spare headphones as necessary.
- Splitters and adapters are available in case you want to attend the experience with a child (two pairs of headphones can be connected to one phone).
- The show uses a mobile website (no need to download an app), which can be accessed via the library wifi.
Group ticket: each ticket slot covers up to 4 people so you can enjoy the experience with family and friends.
Show duration: this is an personal, interactive experience lasting between 45 and 60 minutes
- The experience includes captions that can be downloaded from the mobile website.
- This is a gentle storytelling audio show that you can experience at your own pace. The experience involves walking around the library to find the installations, but there are plenty of opportunities to sit down to listen to the stories.
- Please contact us if you have any other access requirements and we will endeavour to assist
About the artist:Marie Klimis is a writer, storyteller and theatre designer specialised in site-specific performance projects. Her work focuses on multidisciplinary projects combining storytelling with sound design and traditional crafts. She is also a founding member of 27 degrees, a company specialised in immersive theatre in unusual spaces. She is interested in making arts more accessible and bringing performances outside of theatre venues, creating work that is inclusive, challenging and fun for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Contact: via artist’s website: www.marieklimis.com/contact-en
Weston Lit Fest is produced in partnership with Weston-super-Mare Town Council and The Write Box.